ABOUT THIS BLOG

ABOUT THIS: My boyfriend and I are getting hitched in Iceland this summer. Okay, you're all caught up.

Our Registries

OUR REGISTRIES


Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Fairytale Affair

DAYS REMAINING: 328

On a ninety degree late September day on Long Island (low fifties and light rain in Reykjavik), Eric, my mom, and I went to get our wedding invitations printed. We said it would happen. We knew it was going to happen.

Well, it happened. And here's what it looked like:

Me, posing madly in front of the store, trying to smize my way through how much I didn't shower.
 
Eric appreciates the fine Massapequa sidewalks, while mom sings her way through the front door.

Mom poses with "The Book Of Extremely Expensive Choices"

Eric holds up not our invitations. (We don't even get the proofs for a couple of weeks, but I'm sure the people whose invitation he IS holding are now happily married and will be very much in love forever and ever hooray.)

Mom tries to take a picture that isn't out of focus, even though such a thing should be impossible with a digital camera with the flash on. Let's give her a Take Two!

Take Two, now with extra migraine-inducing blurriness.

Mom privately ruminates on all of the many skills she DOES have.

This is Tracy, one of the owners. She is amazing beyond words. She politely corrected us regarding the size of the invitations, the font, the colors, the dates, the design, and my haircut. And she was right about ALL OF THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment