ABOUT THIS BLOG

ABOUT THIS: My boyfriend and I are getting hitched in Iceland this summer. Okay, you're all caught up.

Our Registries

OUR REGISTRIES


Sunday, October 31, 2010

Why-celand

DAYS REMAINING: 292

And again, for anyone asking the wholly legitimate "Why do you need to go all the way THERE?" question, which dovetails nicely with the "You don't want to further the cause here?" debate and the "Haven't you ever heard of Massachusetts?" argument. (Incidentally, for those asking, we have indeed heard of Massachusetts.)

And again I will  repeat my contention that people should get married wherever they want, and I fully support a same-sex couple's right to get married in a state where it is legal. But we don't live in one of those states. And with the political volatility surrounding this issue, I don't even believe that a state where it is legal right now will continue to be legal. Why should I? We used to live in California, home of marriage's legal limbo. I don't want that to happen to my marriage. I would rather give our hard-earned Ameribucks to a country that fully supports our right to marriage equality, and not muck around in a state where I can get married on one day and hear state-sponsored hate speech the next. So congratulations, Steve King of Iowa! You just cost the wedding industry in your state thousands of dollars. We're out of here, and we're taking our gay agenda with us. And I'm telling everyone else not to get married there either, which shouldn't be a problem because WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER. Think about that while you revel in the real-world financial ramifications of the dumb-ass things you say.

See you in a few years at your gay sex scandal, Mr. King! We'll all try to pretend that we're surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment