ABOUT THIS BLOG

ABOUT THIS: My boyfriend and I are getting hitched in Iceland this summer. Okay, you're all caught up.

Our Registries

OUR REGISTRIES


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Meanwhile, Back in Massapequa


DAYS REMAINING: 352

On September 25, the staid suburban town of Massapequa Park, New York, will be rocked -- ROCKED I SAY ROCKED -- by a future it could no longer avoid.

This lovely-looking place, the site of invitations for many local Bat Mitzvahs and first communions (not to mention my grandmother’s 90th birthday party, which also took place in Massapequa), will print invitations for a gay wedding in Iceland. And despite the fact that the word two words “fairytale” and “affairs” seem to work in direct opposition to one another (and they lived happily ever after, except for all that infidelity), it still looks like they do pretty great work. I emailed my mom asking her if she was SURE she was okay with doing the invites there, to which she immediately responded, “I don't have any problem with the subject matter of the invitations, and if they make any comments, we're outta there.” Go, mom!

I guess this is what I mean when I say we practice activism just by being us.

So many photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment