ABOUT THIS BLOG

ABOUT THIS: My boyfriend and I are getting hitched in Iceland this summer. Okay, you're all caught up.

Our Registries

OUR REGISTRIES


Thursday, October 28, 2010

Anna-Gram!!!!


 DAYS REMAINING: 295

When I started this blog, I had initially anticipated that I would post something every day. I thought that, with 365 days to go until a wedding on the other side of international waters, there would be no lack of things to talk about. But when you start planning a single day 365 days in advance, there are going to be times when you kick back, rearrange your closets, kill a spider, and otherwise just live your boring life for a minute. And honestly, we had spent the greater part of 2010 in a state of perma-move, so it was kind of nice to have a little break recently where I could leave work, go running, watch “Modern Family,” wonder how they wrote those scripts based on stories ripped directly from my life, and go to bed.

And then, sometimes, in order to sound smart around the Icelandic lady priest who is going to perform your wedding ceremony, you have to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius in a flash so that you don’t come across as culturally insensitive.

Welcome back to the strange mechanics of the gay Icelandic destination wedding from crazy town...

FROM: Anna
TO: Dan
Good afternoon, from a very cozy winter afternoon, here in Iceland.

How are you my grooms to be? Not long now until you will be in Iceland.

It is my honor to introduce you to your priest Bryndís.

Me and Bryndís spoke about your wedding earlier today, and I explained all about your plans and what your needs are regarding the wedding.
She is lovely person, and when you come over in December she has agreed to meet up with us.
All my best.
Anna
-------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM: Anna
TO: Dan

Dear Anna and Bryndis: 
I am so envious of your cozy Reykjavik weather. Here in New York, it was a balmy 24 degrees today. We are still waiting for winter to start!

Thank you so much for the introduction. I really look forward to all of us meeting when I am in Iceland. I arrive early in the morning on Friday 3 December, and I hope we might all meet that day.

Bryndis, thank you again for agreeing to perform our ceremony, and I can't wait to see you both!

Best
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment