ABOUT THIS BLOG

ABOUT THIS: My boyfriend and I are getting hitched in Iceland this summer. Okay, you're all caught up.

Our Registries

OUR REGISTRIES


Monday, August 30, 2010

FISH AND CHIPS ARE SO GOOD

   
DAYS REMAINING: 354

Aunt Carol and Uncle Lloyd have a friend named David Rosengarten, who owns a restaurant in Reykjavik called Icelandic Fish and Chips. Despite being known as one of the best restaurants in the city, Icelandic Fish and Chips is basically a fast-food joint, featuring only counter service and take-out. The most expensive thing on the menu costs 1290ISK, (Icelandic kroner), which converts to about eleven American dollars.

I really want us to have our rehearsal dinner there.

The rehearsal dinner, to take place Thursday night, will feature our immediate families, a total of 18 (I think...ish?) people. One of those people, my niece, requires a gluten-free meal, which you can order at Icelandic Fish and Chips! Really, it's the perfect place. I hope we can all sneak in after it closes and eat local fish until we die. I am looking forward to planning this in the days ahead.

(Amended to add that I almost didn't include a photo with today's entry. Despite the fact that they are delicious, it is surprisingly difficult to find an appetizing photo of fish and chips.)

No comments:

Post a Comment